3D surfaces or depth dimension are extracted from 2D scanned images and photographs as the first step of 3D texture mapping. Light source, viewing distance, shading information, etc. are effectively defined and stored in 3DP formats for accuracy.
Set of user friendly tools are provided along with the 3D design software for the task of generating grids and selections that can be done with multiple options such as freehand, rectangular, etc.
Multiple grids can be created for different segment areas to provide for the mix and match creations.
Facilities to edit the mesh have been provided to give the finishing touches to the image authoring so that the final output exacts to your imaginations. The mesh can be rotated, extended, and bent around the edges making your working extremely ductile.
Additionally you can introduce new or remove fold marks so that the mapped image zeroes onto the reality.
- User can scan in photographs / download images of furnishings and models. Now these images are in 2 dimensions i.e. WIDTH and HEIGHT.
- Specific tools are provided for selecting the areas on which fabric designs are intended to be texture mapped and the strong algorithms of Design 3D create the 3rd dimension from the image and provide the depth information to convert these 2 dimensional images into 3 D surfaces.
- Powerful tools are provided, which allow the user to edit the wire mesh created to enhance the depth grids create by Design 3D.
- Multiple grids can be created for different areas viz. Cushions, Back, Armrest, etc from a scanned image of a Sofa seating system.
- The grid points can be individually manipulated OR multiple grid points can be simultaneously arranged as required. Facilities to rotate the grids, Add folds and a host of other features enable the user to Screen Author an image.
- Screen Authoring is a one-time operation and Design 3D saves the image as a .3DP file in the library for future Texture mapping.